This episode started off focusing on a successful SLP who is the director of a mobile MBS company. BONUS: Several spot-on interviewing strategies for the SLP wanting to move into being a medical SLP.
Discussion & Reflection Questions
- Tell us who you are and how you got started doing mobile modified swallowing studies.
- What was it like transitioning from the hospital setting to the mobile MBS setting?
- How did you build your confidence in that setting?
- Words of advice for someone wanting to move up in their careers or shift into the medical setting?
- What do you look for in the SLPs that you interview?
- What are some things that an interviewee should not do?
- What do you look for in resumes?
- Tell us about your company and what a typical day looks like for you.
- Words of advice for the new SLP?
Quote Of The Conversation
“I’m looking to see that they’ve done everything that they can do to get that experience, whether it’s through volunteering, PRN work, getting the education ahead of time, finding a mentor… just not being afraid to reach out and ask for help to gain experience.”
– Caroline Brindo,MA/CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Caroline Brindo,MA/CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Director, Clinical Services & Education at MBS Envision, LLC
Keep the Conversation Going
Guest Speaker Information
Caroline Brindo, MA/CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.mbsenvision.com
LinkedIn – Caroline Brindo
Thank you for listening to The Missing Link for SLPs podcast! If you enjoyed the show, I’d love you to subscribe, rate it and leave a short review. Also, please share an episode with a friend. Together we can raise awareness and help more SLPs find and connect those missing links to help them feel confident in their patient care every step of the way.
Not a substitute for a formal SLP education or medical advice for patients/caregivers.