In this course, participants will learn about the diverse types of communication that take place in a professional setting, unpack key strategies, and best practices specific to each type of communication. The second half of the course provides space for practice and application of learned concepts through role play scenarios with feedback loops. Finally, participants will have the chance to reflect on their own strengths and weaknesses around professional communication, and commit to 1-2 concrete ways they want to improve their communication in the workplace coming out of this training.
What Will You Learn?
- Set of Objectives
- 1. Participants will be able to articulate why communication matters in a professional setting.
- 2. Participants will consider the diverse types of communication that take place in a workplace setting.
- 3. Participants will learn key strategies specific to each communication type.
- 4. Participants will explore universal best practices that apply across communication types.
- 5. Participants will get practice using and getting feedback on their communication via role plays.
- 6. Participants will reflect on their own strengths and weaknesses related to their professional communication.
- 7. Participants will commit to 1-2 concrete ways to improve their communication in the workplace.
Professional Communication Skills for SLPs
Welcome and Objectives08:00
Core Learning Content27:34
Explore Universal Best Practices that Apply Across Communication Types19:55
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet