Have you ever sensed that a patient or caregiver needed targeted emotional support to understand and process a diagnosis? Felt that a patient or caregiver would benefit from additional explanation or information in order to truly understand a particularly complex diagnosis? Worried about the emotional well-being of a patient or caregiver?
If so, this course is for you! Ultimately, you’ll leave the course feeling more confident in your ability to meet ALL the needs of your patients, including their emotional needs, making you a stronger, more effective SLP.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand what counseling is, why it matters, and your critical role in it as an
- Learn the basics of counseling, including outcomes and key considerations
- Unpack some of the skills essential to effective counseling in our context
- Become familiar with common counseling theories and approaches
- Consider what other resources you may need to seek out to learn more
Counseling Skills for SLPs
Opening & Welcome to Counseling Skills for SLPs00:00
What is Counseling and Why is it Important to the SLP00:00
Nuts and Bolts of Counseling00:00
Case Studies & Closing Thoughts00:00