Because success matters - Coaching for SLPs
At Fresh SLP, we understand that SLPs are constantly being asked to do more with less and although we have master’s degrees, we don’t always have the skillset needed to fully develop a plan of action, creating a pathway to success. We believe it’s important to help each other in order to find answers when confronted with challenging situations needing clarity. That’s why we offer one-on-one coaching to help you through your journey as an SLP. We’ll work together to identify your strengths and challenges and share materials that have been field-tested and provide real results. Best of all, you’ll have access to Mattie’s 25+ year experience to ask questions and get expert advice. Whether you’re just starting out or are looking to hone your craft in a specific skill set, Fresh SLP’s coaching can help.
- I promise to see you as a person. I promise to understand you in the context of normal life struggles and relate to you as one person relates to another.
- I promise to provide the expertise you can trust. With over 25 years in the field of speech-language pathology, I will give you the benefit and the best of my insight and wisdom.
- I promise to help you achieve a deeper change. Together, we will identify the core questions you are facing and create a comprehensive plan for lasting change.
- I promise I will work for you outside of our sessions, planning and preparing for our work together. If needed, I will read, research, talk to colleagues – learn about what you need.
- These promises and this level of attentiveness makes the difference between an average coaching and mentoring and the most effective coaching and mentoring. Why not choose an SLP who takes the time to respond to what YOU need.
5 Step Coaching Model
Take a look at where you are, identify your strengths and areas to improve. Following an on-line character assessment, we discuss who you are and what is important to you. We also take a look at your fears and discuss what might be holding you back. Together, we dive deep into understanding your current reality. This is a period of discovery where you examine your underlying beliefs and current perspectives.
Set SMART stretch goals:
Where do you want to go and what do you envision your life to be in 1, 3, 5, and 10 years. What do you want, need and desire? What targets are you aiming at? Using visualization, mind mapping, and brass ring goals, you will be inspired to dream big! You will learn how to develop clarity and focus, reflection skills, goal setting skills, and timeline management as you organize these dreams into goals and then come up with a plan! This is a period of dreaming of your future and the way things can be.
Make a plan:
This step is so much fun because here is where things come into focus and you start to realize that what you have longed for may actually come true. Mattie helps you identify your internal and external resilient factors and trouble-shoot anticipated roadblocks. She helps you identify obstacles and gives you tools for finding and using the support and resources you need. This is a period of planning, organizing and getting ready. Once we finalize your action plan and a timeline, you move onto implementing your goals.
This step is where your dreams start to become reality. Mattie will help you see new perspectives and new options that you may not have thought of before. She will empower you to step forward into the goals that you have selected, providing accountability, acknowledgment, and direction as needed. This is a period of taking action, making commitments and being brave!
Reach your goals and soar beyond! You will be amazed at how far you have come and how strong and resilient you are! Taking the skills you have learned in your coaching sessions, you will continue to press forward in life, grateful for having invested in yourself and your future.
Everything You Need to Succeed
Coaching is often the missing link between dreaming and making those dreams come true. It is the action that moves someone forward into their future, instead of repeating unproductive life patterns and staying STUCK in the same hamster wheel of life. More than a cheerleader, a coach helps clarify your values, beliefs, purpose, and goals. Despite all our dreams, often we are resistant to change – coaching can be an essential element to achieving our dreams and longer-lasting happiness.